Saturday, September 14, 2013

1900 - Enough Said


Nicole Holofcener is one of my favorite filmmakers - she's labelled as a female Woody Allen, and while I love Woody, Nicole stands strongly on her own two feet.  She's making some of the best romantic comedies of our generation, and this is no exception.  I need to see it again before I firmly make this statement - but this might be my favorite of her films.
It's about two middle aged people who are watching their only children moving out of the house, and in the course they strike up a relationship and see if they can get over the baggage left by their previous marriages.  It's a beautiful little comedy with honest, insightful and hilarious conversations.  It's about learning who you are as you grow, and what you will and won't put up with.  It's a great film and a must-see.

No comments: