Saturday, April 26, 2014

1993 - Back to the Future Part III



As mentioned I did in fact revisit this.  This film far more capture the spirit of the original - the second one almost has too much going on that it’s constantly having to deal with the exposition of the situation where this one and the first are simpler, they can allow us to just really enjoy the situation.  The western genre is a welcome addition here, and there’s a lot of nice callbacks.  The one thing they did well was really have the 2nd film set-up this grande finale.  Having Buford being a gun toting madman is a nice evolution of the Biff character from the original as well.  Part of me hopes that they never mess further with this franchise, but part of me wonders what else could be done with it especially if it’s expanded into something like a series.  I could be interested in that.  Needless to say, if you’ve never seen this trilogy you really owe it to yourself.  I can’t wait to introduce it to my kids.

No comments: